Little Shambles Jewellers
This ring is made with authentic Whitby Jet mined from the cliffs beneath the famous Whitby Abbey. Jet itself is...
1 in stock
This ring is made with authentic Whitby Jet mined from the cliffs beneath the famous Whitby Abbey. Jet itself is fossilised Monkey Puzzle tree that has been compressed under the ocean for millions of years before forming the jet that you will see in our jewellery. It lies under the North Yorkshire Moors National Park which Whitby is on the edge of, and this makes the cliffs the best place from which to access.
It has been used for a long time in jewellery, first seen in the Bronze Age and then Roman times. York, where our shop is based, was actually the place where much of the work with jet took place, and many examples of Roman jet jewellery can be seen today in the Yorkshire Museum in town. It was used as mourning jewellery in the Victorian Age, most notably by Queen Victoria following the death of her husband Albert in 1961. What is good enough for the queen is highly desirable to her subjects, and it became a struggle to keep up with the demand for the gemstone.
The jet in your ring is sourced from Whitby by our gemstone expert and set in .925 sterling silver.
Sleeve Length x Chest circumference x Waist circumference x Length
- XS (14.8" x 34.6" x 35" x 25.6")
- S (15.7" x 35.8" x 35.8" x 26.2")
- M (16.3" x 37.8" x 37.8" x 27.6")
- L (17.1" x 39.4" x 39.4" x 28.5")
- Enjoy the flexibility of our 30-day free returns policy! Simply pack the item, with its original packaging and tags, and the returns slip into the iOne delivery package. Feel free to drop the package of at any VietPost counter or POPStation island-wide!
- For more details, please see our FAQs here.
- Should you have any questions regarding this product, please feel free to get in touch with our friendly Customer Experience Team at email@example.com, or call us at +84 1234 5678 daily, 9am - 6pm.
- Enjoy free shipping over $40*!
- Delivery Timing
|Monday - Friday, before 6pm||Delivery estimate of 1-3 working days commences on the same working day the order is made.||#Your order will arrive between Monday - Friday.|
|Monday - Friday, after 6pm||Delivery lead-time of 1-3 working days commences on the next working day from when the order is made.|
|Saturday and Sunday||Delivery estimate of 1-3 working days commences on the next working day from when the order is made.|
- For more details, check our FAQs out here!